Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Yellow Ponderings

.

Recently my staff took part in an Emergenetics profile seminar. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was not surprised to find out that I am a dominant “yellow.” If you are not familiar with Emergenetics, it is a model that takes a look at the way people think and behave through the use of a 100 question test and uses the results to place you in specific color categories.  They state that your Emergenetics profile “is a combination of characteristics that emerge from your life experiences, plus the genetics with which you were born.” A yellow is someone that is “conceptual: imaginative, intuitive about ideas, visionary, enjoys the unusual and learns by experimenting.”      


So, this leads me to the reason why I have begun this blogging experience. I am a secondary social studies and foreign language teacher that simply loves to try out new ideas in the classroom and who learns by experimenting. I spend much of my free time reading articles, blogs and books relating to educational techniques. I take great pleasure in trying out these newly learned methods in my classroom. 


My blog,“Yellow Ponderings” will be about the new methods, techniques, research, etc that I have learned and how they turned out when implemented in my classroom. My desire for this blog is that it will be a venue to share ideas and that we will all be able to enjoy the unusual by experimenting with what we learn from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment